Wednesday, July 13, 2011

HElP!

Hello folks! Long time no post!

Just to give you an update on how I am and what has been going on in my life since December. Not much has changed. I still work at Medical Towers at UAB on the Look AHEAD research study and I now work on another study called the Diabetes and Periodontal Therapy Trial (we call it DPTT). Things are going well and I enjoy my work for the most part. I am still teaching voice at Birmingham School of Music and as rewarding it is to see my students grow; I have come to the decision to try something new.

This is where the transformation starts. With me. I have grown dull of my life here in
Birmingham and looking for a change. I have discussed moving, changing jobs, and even auditioning for reality TV. Yes, at the end of this month I will be traveling to Nashville with Ashley A now R to audition for NBC’s The Voice. I don’t have my hopes up to high; I just thought it would be fun and different. That is what I need right now, Different. I want to save my money and move somewhere. I’ve had strong thoughts about moving to Boston because I have family up there. For a different extreme I’ve thought about Florida. I figure I have some time to think about it. And again, I have to save my money.

Change in job and change in location brings me to my next thing and is really the point for
writing this blog today, the change in my physical appearance. Now, I know that in previous blog posts I’ve talked about trying to start a journey with running but it has never worked out for me. I’ve gotten to a 5k but never made it past that. Part of the reason, I feel, is because I haven’t had a partner to push me to make sure I do my running. I think that the only reason I completed the 5k is because my best friend, Kierstyn, did it with me. And the second time my dad was going to run with me but schedules wouldn’t always allow for us to run together. Plus, on top of all that, I hate long-distance running. I was a sprinter in high school. So, on with the point! My boss was telling me that she and her husband are doing this home workout called Insanity. It is similar to P90X, which I’ve always wanted to try, however, with p90x you have to extra equipment and I’m not really down with that. I’ve done the Billy Blanks video workouts and I like it but you have to have extra equipment such as resistant bands. So, I feel like a moron doing this workout without resistance. Lame! Insanity uses your own body for resistance and it also mixes up the workouts so you don’t get too used to it.

This is where you guys come in! It is a 60 day program and I’m going to start Monday the 18th Ill give updates and picture proof of my progress. I need for you guys to stay on me and keep me honest! I need you help to accomplish my goal. Now, I have the motivation I just need help sticking to it. So, come Monday the first part on my transformation starts. I hope your help!

No comments: