Monday, December 06, 2010

Reality of drama and comedy

Ive been watching a lot of television lately. Ive always loved reality tv. My Mom used to make my bother and I take a break from our homework for "family time" we would all watch Survivor. The other reality tv I would watch with my family included a few seasons of American Idol, Big Brother, and Fear Factor. There is so much more "reality" tv out there now. Over half the shows out there are now "reality". And, Yes, I watch it. I kind of want to list them all just to see how ridiculous it is. Survivor, Big Brother, America's Next Top Model, Bad Girl's Club, MTV's Real World/Road Rules The Challenge, Masterchef, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, The Girls Next Door, Project Runway, The Biggest Loser, The Amazing Race, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Extreme Makeover Home edition, and Im sure there are more that Im forgetting. Now, I don't watch these every week, or even watch them full season through, but I have before. then there are the non-reality shows, the drama's and comedies. I remember sitting in the living room with my mom and seeing previews for this new series that was about to start so, we decided to watch. We wanted to have something else to look forward to every week. First episode, we were hooked. The first season my mom and I would watch every week but as the seasons progressed, we couldn't watch together. I had gone off to college but we wold still talk about it together and we also introduced it to the rest of our family. It was a good show that had five great seasons. I actually have been told multiple time that I look like one of the characters. The dramas I would watch with my family starting with the one i was just talking about were LOST, 24, Friends, ER, CSI (the original. not the crapy spin offs) and I know there are others I'm missing. But when I went to college I found some of my own favorites some of which are not on the air anymore. Sopranos, Weeds, Californication, Glee, Dexter, Always sunny In Philadelphia, 30 Rock, Dead Like Me, Entourage, Make It or Break it, and more recently.. Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, and the Big C.

I do love my TV and love to talk about it.

No comments: