Monday, March 08, 2010

To be stuck in an office on a beautiful day like today BLOWS! Nice weather hits me like a mac truck. I was born in Florida, and in the heart of summer. I’m meant to be outside. The happiest job I’ve ever had was when I was working as a lifeguard at a private pool in Brookhighland. I got to work at 9, pool opened at 10, I worked 30 min shifts on the stand, 30 min at front gate, and 30 min off. I got a nice tan, read tons of books, and got to wear a swimsuit to work. Best. Job. Ever.

Its days like today I miss it so much. To spend all day every day in the sun is the dream.

This Friday I will be driving down to Orlando with Jeremy. His dad lives there. Then Saturday, we’ll drive to Miami for the festival Calle Ocho. I am looking forward to the good food, tasty drinks, and warm sun. I just hope I don’t blind people with my pale skin. Then, either Sunday or Monday, we’ll drive back to Orlando and just hang out. Then BIG St. Patty’s day celebration! Good God, I love being Irish. Green beer and Car bombs! I can’t wait!

I don’t think that this week could go by fast enough… sigh.

Mom update: we had lunch today. I could feel the tension but we are on the right track to becoming friends again.

Happy International Women’s day, Commonwealth Day, Adelaide Cup day, Eight Hours day, and Taranaki Anniversary!

No comments: